Love of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) and Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) and their infallible progeny counts (a.s.) among the most profitable actions. The maximum rewards in the hereafter are reserved for this love, which means that those who collect it in abundance stand to profit the most in the next world.
This is one of the more widely documented reports on the topic:
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) informed –
I saw a dream with, my uncle Hamzah and my cousin, Jafar (peace be upon them)…I asked them –
What did you find most useful in the hereafter?
They replied –
- Salawaat on you (s.a.w.a.)
- quenching the thirsty
- love of Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.)
- Al-Daawaat p 90
- Miatoh Manqebah p 139 (with some variation)
- Mustadrak al-Wasail v 5 p 331
- Kashf al-Ghummah v 1 p 95
- Kashf al-Yaqeen p 231
- Mashareq al-Anwaar p 62
- Madinah al-Ma’aajiz v 3 p 34, v 3 p 549
- Behaar al-Anwaar v 2 p 284, v 27 p 117, v 40 p 47
Love of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) will be the most sought after deed in the hereafter. The Shias will benefit immensely from it and those who hated him (a.s.) in the world will face dire consequences. And among the signs of hating Ali (a.s.) is to give superiority to others over him.